Pages: « 1 »

Chippy569
Install tips w/Logic 8
Date: Feb 23, 2010 7:01:10 PM PST
Author: Chippy569

I had some trouble getting things to set up properly with Logic 8, so here is what I discovered.

1. You must download and install the server first. Kind of duh, but do it.

2. You must then verify that the Proremote/whatever shows up in your MIDI devices. (Apps -> Utilities -> Audio MIDI Setup)

3. When following the guide to setup the devices, I had to CLOSE THE AUDIO MIDI SETUP utility or it would only scan 3/4 of the "mackie" units (and therefore not work)

4. I had to restart both the iphone app and logic before it would work. (Otherwise it would display SMPTE on the app but the buttons would not do anything.)

Seems pretty cool so far, though! I will be testing this out at my school to see if it works out on their logic/ProTools rigs.

PS, any plans for Reason support?

ProRemote
Install tips w/Logic 8
Date: Feb 24, 2010 8:28:39 PM PST
Author: ProRemote

Originally Posted by Chippy569:
I had some trouble getting things to set up properly with Logic 8, so here is what I discovered.

1. You must download and install the server first. Kind of duh, but do it.

2. You must then verify that the Proremote/whatever shows up in your MIDI devices. (Apps ->
Utilities -> Audio MIDI Setup)

3. When following the guide to setup the devices, I had to CLOSE THE AUDIO MIDI SETUP utility
or it would only scan 3/4 of the "mackie" units (and therefore not work)

4. I had to restart both the iphone app and logic before it would work. (Otherwise it would
display SMPTE on the app but the buttons would not do anything.)

Seems pretty cool so far, though! I will be testing this out at my school to see if it works out on
their logic/ProTools rigs.

PS, any plans for Reason support?

When using ProRemoteServer with ProTransport you can delete Mackie Controllers 2-4.
ProTransport only uses Mackie Control 1 (and ProRemote Port 1)

I will look into Reason support soon.

Search Web

Google

Search Forum

Forum Tags

There are no tags at this time.